Question
Posted by: concerned wife | 2013-01-29

Sleeping problems

My husband has constant sleeping issues, he is also diabetic. His doctor put him on 20mg of Lorien daily but this has not helped. He is now to drinking alcohol in order to help him sleep but this is becoming a problem since he is drinking large amounts almost daily.He has tried to cut down on the drinking and use Stilnox instead. Stilnox helps him sleep for 1-2 hour only thereafter he is unable to sleep and starts feeling the effects of the Stilnox in the morning when going to work. I would like to know if it is possible that the drinking could be causing/worsening his sleeping issues.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Certainly drinking could be doing that - it tends to wake one up after a few hours. He obviously has a severe problem, and he should see a sleep doctor.