Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2010/02/17

No large intestine

my 52 year old husband has no large intestine. Which is the best probiotic for him to take?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Debbie

Thank you for your query regarding probiotics. Despite having no large intestine, your husband may benefit from taking a probiotic that colonises (lives in) the upper gastrointestinal tract and small intestines.

I would recommend Reuterina (Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis) as a good option, as it is very stable, and survives and colonises throughout the gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach and small intestines.

1
Posted by: Probiotics expert | 2010/02/23

Dear Debbie

Reply to Probiotics expert