Question
Posted by: Annie | 2012/05/09

Minerva / Trigestrel

Is there a big difference between Minerva and Trigestrel ? My daughter 17 have very heavy menstual cycle and a type of acne on her back - she started to use Triphisal - the acne got so much better -after about 5 months of using Triphisal she started to have discomfort wirt mucus like discharge & mdash -like every day. i took her to GP - was given antibiotic and pill changed to Minerva. Discharge still present. Must we totally stop the pill ? Minerva is expensive - what other pill can be given to controle the cycle? Achne much better and menstrual time not so heavy anymore. plse advise

If the discharge was not related to the Trigestrel, she could go back to this.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/05/10

Can trigestrel treat acne? Im using yaz for 2 and half years now but suddenly has side effects but good for my skin. Which other contranceptive is good for acne without any side effects?

Posted by: Ansie | 2012/07/26

I was on Triphasil for 20yrs, and recently my clinic changed this to Trigestrel, I dont know if its due to this new pill, but I picked up a LOT of weight and get pimples in my face (40yrs) I never had pimples in my life...can you help as to what the reasons are for weight gaining &  pimples (almost like absesses) tx

Reply to Ansie