Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2012/07/20

Macrobiotic Diet

Hi I have read that this diet can help a lot of diseases.
How can I get started with this? Do you have any info on this?

Dear Amanda
Although I have read about the macrobiotic diet, I cannot provide you with information about the diet and its composition as no dietitian would be allowed to prescribe it particularly to patients who suffer from serious diseases such as cancer. Eating only whole grains, vegetables, and legumes could lead to deficiencies of certain nutrients such as protein, iron, calcium, etc which could debilitate the patient even more, despite the fact that the listed foods are healthy per se.
You could ask at your local health shop if they can assist you.

1

Dear Amanda