Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2010/03/03

How often can i take probiotics

Hi there, i take an antidepressant as well as 1000mg metormin daily. I always seem to have a problem with diareah. I especially get an attack when the weather is really hot. I try to drink enough water. A pharmacist assistant at dischem recommended Hydrachoice of which i must say has helped me tremendously. Could you please tell me how many of this i should be taking, And what could be the side effect of too much of this,

Thanks, Lynne

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Lynne

Each HydraChoice sachet should be dissolved in 250ml of plain, clean water. This should be used to replace the amount of fluid that you have lost through vomiting or diarrhoea. As a general rule for every cup lost, replace a cup. If you are drinking this as a replacement for what you have lost there should be no side-effects, however if you drink an excessive amount or when you are not losing fluid through diarrhoea or vomiting, you can take in too much of the electrolytes (the sodium and potassium content). A few cups a day is great and will not harm you at all, but you shouldn't be drinking litres a day, and should rather add plain water to your daily consumption.

2
Posted by: probiotics expert | 2010/03/12

Dear Lynne

Reply to probiotics expert
Posted by: dissapointed | 2010/03/09

hi,

i used Hydrachoice a few months ago. it is a very expensive product and thought it had to work.
i used it for A MONTH and nothing happened. what a waste of money.

the pharmacist at dischem cresta then gave me some probieflora capsules. i used it for 4 days and could allready feel the difference.

XXX

Reply to dissapointed