Question
Posted by: | 2017/08/17

first pregnancy. consulting a doctor

Hi It's my first pregnancy. I bought the clear blue test which indicated I was 3+ weeks pregnant. Today I went to see a doctor to confirm this. She did a scan and said I was 5-7 weeks. During the consultation she wasn't clear as to what should happen from this point forward so I'm not quite sure. The consultation lasted less than 5 minutes. I expected more. I expected health checks. I expected her to draw blood to confirm the pregnancy. She said I shouldn't book for check ups until I'm 3 months pregnant. I'm not satisfied. Should I consult another doctor or is this how all first visits are? Concerned Mom to be.

- 2017/08/21

I presume that you had your blood pressure and urine checked.  Bloods should be drawn for blood group, etc, but these can be done at the next visit. If you want screening for Down syndrome, this starts at 10 weeks. Perhaps you should see another doctor if you are not happy.