Question
Posted by: lexie | 2010-09-18

fever blisters

Hi DR
do you have something you can suggest to me for fever blisters because i always get them everytime there is change in season(this started 4 years ago).i have one now on my upper lip.sometimes its even worse i get it on both upper and lower lip.the GP always give me ACITOP but its white in colour so i cant use it during the day while im at work.also can you also tell me is it normal to get these blisters every 3 months coz im atarting to get worried now..
lexie

Lexie

Ask your doctor for anti-viral tablets to control your fever blisters.

7
Posted by: Adele | 2010-10-13

L-Lysine and Zinc together with acto-cyclovar (from the chemise) works wonders

Reply to Adele
Posted by: Glyn | 2010-10-10

My hubby used to get them religiously and since using " Carmex Lip Balm"  - available at Dischem - buy the one in the little pot (has a white base and yellowy/greenish lid) - he is free of them! The moment he feels the tell tale tingle, he applies the Carmex. For 2 years now he hasn''t had one. Carmex stops them in their track! The balm costs about R30.

Reply to Glyn
Posted by: Zee | 2010-10-08

I used to get them all the time, now I go for a Vit B Co injection at Dischem once a month and never again.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Annie | 2010-09-30

For Fever blisters, i used to get them every now and again and it is not comfortable, but since i started taking L-syine (Dischem) it has never come back ever, Try it, you wont be sorry

Reply to Annie
Posted by: ZOE | 2010-09-22

EET BAIE GREEN PEPPER!! GLO MY DIT WERK EK KANI ONTHOU WANE LAAS EK N KOORSBLAAR GEKRY HET NIE!!

Reply to ZOE
Posted by: Mersender9 | 2010-09-21

Thanxxxx! Good post!

Reply to Mersender9
Posted by: koki | 2010-09-21

you can also use kenalog ask at the chemist .use it the first day it started.

Reply to koki