Posted by: BB | 2012-12-13

Chemical Castration

Hi, I have read about countries using this method for sex offenders etc to reduce libido/ sex drive or something. What I would like to know will it be considered as part of a solution for a person that has been sexually abused and now in adult life struggle with sexual problems like mastrubating way too much. With chemical castration and regular shrink appointments could this solve the problem?

It is not considered a good idea by proper experts. It is used in some countries with the aim of reducing sexual libido in sex offenders, but the evidence I've seen is that neither chemical or even physical castration is effective or useful for this purpose, in victims or offenders.
Fortunately, a problem of masturbating excessively ( which, masturbation being basically the ultimate in safe sex, is only masturbation that is so obsessively frequent that this interferes with one's ability to hold down a job or have a normal social life, or remember to wash the dishes after supper.
Loss of libido is an unfortunately common side-effect of many antidepressants, so reducing libido would be more easily and safely achieved if needed.
But the ideal and most successful method for managing the sort of problem you describe, arising for the reasons you describe, is proper, skilled, expert psychotherapy, the talking therapy, and probably the method most proved to be effective by good research, called CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, from a proper psychologist, who could also help you to understand whatever sexual problems have arisen, and to free yourself from these and other effects of the earlier abuse.