Question
Posted by: Niel | 2013-02-13

Always Tired

I get my 8 hours sleep on most nights but am always tired. I excersize often but I believe the problem is with my work.

Im on standby 1 week on, 1 week off for work and get calls during the night at anytime. Which I understand will make me tired during those weeks but I am on a off week on wednesday and Im still very tired.
please help

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You might want to keep a record, on a day-to-day basis, of how much sleep you are ACTUALLY getting, over about a 2-week period. If you are averaging out 7 1/2 to 8 hours' sleep, then there is a problem with your quality of sleep, and you will need to see a sleep doctor.

On the other hand, you may find that your average sleep time is less than you thought, in which case the answer may be very different.

1
Posted by: Sam | 2013-02-17

Hi. Im 29 years old, and don''t work due to back problems. For the past 6 months, im just sleeping all the time. I''m going to bed at 8.30pm, and waking at 6am. I''m taking my children to school, then coming home and sleeping from 9am, until i have to pick the children up. Im always tired, never feel refreshed after sleep. A few times i have woken to find my self in my kitchen eating. I have been tested for diabetes, and it all come back clear. i can''t go on like this, I really am sleeping the days away. Im not over weight, im a healthy size 8, and don''t smoke. I just can''t get my head around it all!

Reply to Sam