Question
Posted by: Mary | 2017/08/31

Why did I Gain Weight when i started my Diet?

Good Day I started a new diet and from eating nothing in the day and only once a day in the Evenings i have started eating weetbix with 30ml full cream milk and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast, a fat-free yoghurt at 10:30 and a smoked chicken salad at 13;00 for lunch and 15:00 coffee with a teaspoon of honey and a dash of full cream milk and a Sugar and wheat free rusk. A banana at 16:00. Fish and Vegies for supper. Why am i gaining weight??? I also sit behind a computer all day and don't get to do any excercise.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2017/09/07

You are gaining weight as you are selecting foods that push your blood sugars too high such as honey, fat free yogurt, weetbix sugar in drinks and rusks
Select All bran in place of weetbix sweetener in place of honey and sugar CUT ALL SNACKS OUT- add 1/2 cup corn or wild brown rive to your salad for lunch and see how it goes. Also drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water as it is importnat to lose If you still dont lose contact a dietitian in your area to assit you with portion control as well as variety in your diet both importnat to lose weight 70 % of weight loss effoer is food not exercise But it will be good to start moving anyway For a dietitian www.adsa.org.za  

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2017/09/01

Google Diet Doctor, Tim Noakes, Erik Berg Jason Fung Gary Fetke. If you want to lose weight that you will never put on ever again, these are the guys to follow. I am no expert, but, you are eating too many carbs and you are eating too often. It is not true that you need to eat six times a day. Research LCHF and Banting. Best thing that ever happened to me is hearing how badly ADSA and the HPCSA treated Professor Tim Noakes. It has changed my life, health and my figure and no doubt it will change yours too.