Question
Posted by: JANINE | 2015/05/14

I want to lose like 50 kg's. How do I do this?

THE THING IS, I CAN'T STICK TO A DIET OR DIET PLAN. I BEEN ON SO MANY STUFF, AND ON SO MANY DIETS BUT SOME HOW I DON'T SEE IT THROUGH. IN THE PROCESS I ONLY GAIN MORE AND MORE WEIGHT. IT MAKES ME FEEL DEPRESSED AND ANGRY BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO HELP MYSELF. I AM 33 YEAR OLD WOMAN AND  MY WEIGHT IS 125KG. PLEASE HELP

Expert ImageBiokinetics expert
- 2015/08/04

Hi Janine,

Sorry for the late reply!

One can never follow a set diet plan because we are all different physiologically in how we process certain foods and how we metabolise everything. I can tell you this much: reduce sugar completely, drink lots of water and consume not more than 25g of carbs per day. This is simple to apply even though easier said than done. However, if you need a more elaborated diet plan, it would be best for you to see a Dietician.

All the best.

Kind regards,
Habib
@HN434
www.habibnoorbhai.com

4
Posted by: Andrea Altgayer | 2015/06/23

I would suggest that you see a dietician.Speec to your doctor and ask for a recommendation.You are right.Diets don't work and most of them are unhealthy and unsafe.Most of the popular diets doing the rounds these days are actually fad diets disguised as health. None of them work, and not only are they completely impractical, butr are also dangerous. A dietician will create a good, healthy and safe diet and excercise plans based on your goals, your current health status and your lifestyle.They will alsk you to make many lifestyle changes which at first might be difficult to get used to, but the end result will always be worth it. I also recommend a dietician because when you lose weight, some people experience a "high" that encourages them ito cut calories to the extent that it becomes dangerous to their health, and this could so easily lead to an eating disorder. A dietician will know how to keep this in check and is therefore crucial as they will guide you on your journey to losing weight the healthy way and will also keep you motivated.

Reply to Andrea Altgayer
Posted by: ED | 2015/06/11

Hi Janine, sorry to say you are your own worst enemy. There is nothing anyone else can do for you. This is something you have to do for yourself. Unfortunately if you have failed so many times it just gets more difficult. Each failure makes you lose more confidence and adds to your weight. Suggest you take baby steps and reduce the target to something more manageable like 2kg at a time. You will have to start a diet plan with plenty of exercise. However this must be you wanting to do it. Best of luck.

Reply to ED
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/02

Janine, the key is determination. You have to be determined to lose the weight. I know it's difficult, but if you can gain the momentum then you won't want to stop. Start off slow, and set goals. Reward yourself once you have met those goals. Like say you are going to walk for one km three times this week. Once you have done it, treat yourself to a couple of blocks of dark chocolate. Then set the next goal, you are going to walk a km and a half, and so on and so forth. Maybe even consider joining or starting a walking group, for moral support. If you know people who are also looking to get fit, you can even have dinners at each others houses, where the host cooks something yummy and healthy. Once you start seeing results, you will be more inclined to keep going. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/24

I am a 28 year-old female, and I have lost over 60 kg. The way I did it was through eating low calories and doing a lot of cardiovascular exercise. Initially, I did not exercise, I just stopped eating sugar, starch, and fat. I upped my fresh salad-type vegetables big time. Then when I plateaued after about 30 kg, I started speed walking on the treadmill. The weight melted off. That was about 7 years ago now. I still speed walk 15 km a day and eat salad for lunch and dinner. I weigh 55 kg and I am properly fit and feel really good about myself. The advice I would give is this: The solution is within your mind. You cannot think of it as a diet because to your mind, a diet is a temporary thing that will come to an end. I had to think to myself, "I will never again eat XYZ." And then when I let go of the notion that it will ever exist in my life again, I never cheated or went back to it because it's just not part of my reality. I suppose like an alcoholic has to view alcohol. Once they quit, they can't ever touch a drop of booze again or they will end up neurologically back at square 1 of the addiction cycle. I was a junk food/sugar addict (otherwise I would never have been that weight), and I had to take it that seriously. I had to change for life, not just for the temporary time it took me to get to my goal weight. I am not an expert, but this is my experience of actually doing it and making it work long-term.