Question
Posted by: Sandile Ngwenya Livemag | 2017/10/12

Teenagers drinking codeine.

Good Morning , My name is Sandile from LiveMagazine an online magazine for the youth. I am currently working on a story about the growing trend of teenagers drinking codeineI've been struggling to find facilities that could provide info on the subject as none claim they have admitted anyone for codeine addiction. Your help would be kindly appreciated. I just want to find out from you your thoughts on the growing trend because more and more kids within my neighbourhood are drinking Cough syrup with Sprite . Further i would like to find out what are the long term effects of drinking cough syrup as a means of replacing alcohol. Thank you you can email me your answers on my email address which is sandilelivemag@livity.co.uk.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2017/10/17

Dear Sandile,

This is an advice column for patients.  I do deal with enquiries and response to the lay press but this is best done by emailing me directly rather than through the forum.