Question
Posted by: Eric | 2016/07/17

Dr. Swart, there are many conflicting opinions about depression and masturbation. Do you believe masturbation helps or worsen depression?

I have been diagnosed with clinical depression for several years. I frequently edge or extend my masturbating to last for hours at a time. I tend to lose control of my self restraint when I'm very aroused and try to contact or text female friends who are either married or unavailable. If masturbating is bad for depression, I think I would be better motivated to avoid getting too excited and trying to contact and involve a friend

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/19

Don't text or phone your female friends as this could lead to the end of your friendships as they might find this very offending and it is plain sexual harassment! Masturbation must only be done by yourself or if you have a partner the two of you could masturbate together! If you find that masturbation has a negative effect on your depression, seek help and advise from a psychologist!