Question
Posted by: Tom | 2013/05/28

Barker

I have a Jack Russel. He loves to bark at everything and anything. The neighbours have a pot-belly pig and he listens to it in the night/early morning and barks and wakes everyone up. How can i train him not to bark so much?

2
Posted by: Tom | 2013/06/04

Thanks Scotty I will try the chewy toys. We only have time for one walk per week and will try to increase that. The yard is quite big about 400m2.

Reply to Tom
Posted by: Scotty | 2013/06/04

Hi there, very often barking such as you describe happens when a dog is bored /frustrated. Are you getting him our daily for walks and leaving him varied chew toys to get stuck into? Just doing this can decrease barking a huge amount. Many people think that the JR is an ideal dog for complex living, truth be told they are not - UNLESS they receive sufficient mental and physical stimulation. Try the above first and see how it goes. Thanks Scotty

Reply to Scotty