A health skin is the product of a healthy lifestyle.
These lifestyle tips can help you improve your lifestyle and your skin:
- Maintain a healthy diet by including lots of fresh fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds;
- Eliminate refined sugars and carbohydrates, as well as high saturated/animal fats from your diet;
- Exercise regularly;
- Practice daily stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Give your body a good scrub with a fairly rough body brush or a loofah sponge, at least twice a week to improve circulation;
- Use a fine facial scrub on sensitive areas and massage into your face with your fingertips;
- Use a mild, non-greasy moisturiser afterwards. An over-dry skin exacerbates acne, milia and whiteheads;
- Sun exposure early in the morning or late in the afternoon might be of benefit.
A good ointment mix to apply to blemishes: a combination of which hazel, aloe vera, tea tree oil, calendula and lavender oil.
As supplement, use an antioxidant combination high in vitamin A, E, C, E, B-complex, zinc, selenium, copper, chromium, and bioflavonoids. Essential fatty acids are beneficial to the skin - use a combination that contains starflower or evening primrose oil, along with cold water salmon oil.
Check all medications that you're using. Some oral contraceptives, corticosteroids, progesterone, bromide and iodide containing drugs can exacerbate skin problems.
DIY skin care remedies
What to eat for a healthier skin
Your lifestyle and your skin