advertisement
Updated 16 July 2018

Is there a difference between cum and orgasm?

City Press readers ask Jade Zwane candid questions about love,life and sex.

0

City Press readers ask Jade Zwane candid questions about love,life and sex.

Reader:I’m quite a kinky guy, but I’ve been holding back with the woman I’m currently seeing. I would really like to get her to tie me up and dominate me, at least sometimes, but I’m afraid that she might find this and other activities I want to try a little too risqué or not enjoyable. How do you think I can start the conversation with her?

Jade: You can simply bring it up with her and say: “You know what would really drive me wild...” Alternatively, you could text her your desires. If you’re intimate with someone I assume you’re pretty comfortable with them and can open up to them, and trust them not to ridicule you at your vulnerable state. Good luck and happy orgasms!

Reader: I can only reach climax when my body is in a certain position. If I’m not in this position – with my legs straight and tightly next to each other – finishing takes really long and my partner grows tired and bored. What do you think is the problem and what can I do to fix this?

Jade: Be open to trying new positions. It could be that you’re set in your ways, which is not a terrible thing. You can try other positions with your partner at the beginning and end off with your trusted position while both of you are still enjoying each other.

Reader: I always thought, as a woman, when I got wet it was cum and when I had an orgasm it was me climaxing. Can you come without an orgasm or have an orgasm without cum? What’s the difference between the two?

Jade: Your wetness is a result of your arousal and your body preparing itself for penetration.

To come, climax and orgasm are one and the same thing. They are the height of sex when the buttocks, thighs and pelvis release tension.

You may find that your vagina contracts involuntarily and you may squirt or have some female ejaculation.

Reader: I’m a 30-year-old man and have a strong urge to drink women’s urine. I find it sexually gratifying. Is drinking urine harmful to my health? How can I satisfy that urge?

Jade: Some infections can be transmitted through urine and while 95% of urine is water, the other 5% contains potentially harmful components that can be dangerous if consumed in large quantities. Unless you’re stranded in a desert somewhere, I wouldn’t recommend indulging in urine ingestion.

  • Do you have a question for Jade? SMS the keyword SEX and your question to 35697. You can also email us at trending@citypress.co.za.
    SMSes cost R1.50

 
NEXT ON HEALTH24X

More:

SexNews
advertisement

Read Health24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Live healthier

Looking younger »

Can maple leaves help you look younger?

New research has found that maple leaf extract can help you look years younger.

Killer foods »

Wild mushrooms a 'silent killer'

Health practitioners are warning people to stay away from wild mushrooms.