You are two months in already, nicely done!
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby's elbows begin to form and there are distinct fingers and feet with tiny notches for toes.
- The ears, eyes and tip of the nose appear.
- Milk teeth develop under the gums.
- The brain and heart continue to become more specialised.
- The teeth and palate are forming.
- The skin is very thin – veins are clearly visible.
- An ultrasound will show a fluttering heartbeat.
- Your waistline is expanding.
- You may have an outbreak of pimples or other skin problems.
What to do:
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. It's normal to feel cranky and irritable during your first trimester.
Good to know:
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend a good
pregnancy supplement. Regular supplements
aren’t recommended as they may contain unsafe (too high) levels of certain