What is happening to your baby:
- Elbows begin to form and there are distinct fingers and feet with tiny notches for toes.
- The ears, eyes and tip of the nose appear.
- Milk teeth develop under the gums.
- The brain and heart continue to become more specialised.
- The teeth and palate are forming.
- The skin is very thin – veins are clearly visible.
- An ultrasound will show a fluttering heartbeat.
What is happening to you:
- Your waistline is expanding. If this is not your pregnancy you may be showing because your muscles and ligaments are weaker.
- You may have an outbreak of pimples or other skin problems.
What to do:
Don’t be too hard on yourself. It's normal to feel cranky and irritable during your first trimester.