What is happening to your baby:
The embryo is now about 10mm long and looks more like a tadpole than a human being. This is a busy week for the embryo:
- The ears, nostrils and eyes begin to form as well as an opening for the mouth.
- Nostrils become distinct.
- The Heart (no bigger than a grain of salt) is beating and is dividing into chambers.
- Other organs are developing.
- The neural tube will close.
- Nervous system is functioning.
- Upper and lower limb buds begin to sprout.
- Intestines are developing.
What is happening to you:
Nausea or food cravings may occur. You may find that you develop a sudden dislike for foods previously enjoyed. You may also suffer from dizziness and irritability.
What to do:
- As this is a critical time in your baby’s development, make sure that you look after your health. Avoid all substances that could be harmful to the baby. See your doctor if you haven’t done so yet.
- Read up about common concerns and tips on how to deal with nausea.