Congratulations on your new son or daughter!
If your baby hasn’t been born yet, no need to worry. A very small percent of babies are born on their scheduled date. A baby is only considered overdue at 42 weeks.
Your baby's progress:
- Your average baby is about 51cm long.
- The average weight is 3.4 kilograms. The healthy range is between 2.5 and 38 kilograms.
- Most of the vernix caseosa (the whitish substance that covers him/her) is gone.
- At least 15% of the body is fat.
- Your amniotic fluid is pale and milky because of your baby’s shedding of the vernix caseosa.
What to do:
- Rest as much as possible – this is your last chance.
Good luck and enjoy your new parenting journey...