With just about two weeks to go, it's time to get excited.
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby weighs about 3.2 kilograms.
- The intestines accumulate meconium (your baby’s first bowel movement).
- Your baby’s position will probably remain the same until the birth.
- All the organs except for the lungs are fully functional.
- The vernix caseosa disappears.
- You may show signs of false labour – irregular contractions which may be felt in various parts of your body (back, lower abdomen, pelvis). True labour pains start at the top of your uterus and increase in intensity.
What to do:
- To make things easier for you after the birth, fill your freezer with pre-cooked meals.
- If your baby lies in a breach position, discuss the implications of a C-section with your doctor.
Good to know
- Your medical aid may not cover certain hospital procedures, tests and items. It's worth taking the time now to run through your pregnancy benefits list so you're not left with a nasty surprise later.