Your baby's arrival is getting closer!
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby has expanded to a thousand times its original size!
- He or she measures 45 to 50 centimetres.
- Fat is dimpling on the elbows and knees.
- Creases form in the neck and wrists.
- Fingernails have formed.
- The gums are very rigid.
- The kidneys are fully developed.
- The kiver can process some waste products.
- You will probably have to run to the loo more often because of the increased pressure on your bladder.
- You may notice a strange feeling in your vagina whenever the baby's head moves against the pelvic floor.
What to do:
- If you have other children, have you made adequate arrangements for the time you will be in hospital?
- It's time to slow down. Very few babies arrive on their due date. Anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks is considered normal.
Good to know:
- Avoid doing chores that could harm your baby. This includes lifting heavy objects, using harsh chemicals, and standing on ladders.