Congrats! You've just six more weeks to go.
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby weighs approximately 2.2 kilograms.
- He or she is about 49.5 centimetres long.
- Your baby's eyes are open when awake and closed when asleep.
- Your baby's immunities develop to fight infection.
- The skull is still pliable and not completely joined.
- The testes have descended.
- Your baby's head should be pointing down.
- Braxton Hicks contractions may increase.
- Your breasts may start to leak colostrums, a prelude to milk.
What to do:
- Start preparing the nursery.
- Now is a good time to choose a paediatrician. Speak to friends who have kids about which doctor they use.
Good to know:
- Once your baby arrives, you'll have less free time. Take time now to catch up with friends and do the things you love.