In just under two months, you'll be saying hi to your little one.
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby weighs about 2 kilograms.
- Your baby is about 48 centimetres long.
- Your baby’s skin colour has turned from red to pink thanks to increased fat accumulation.
- Your baby’s head size has increased substantially because of rapid brain growth.
- Fat continues to be deposited under the skin. This will help your baby regulate temperature after birth.
- You may be suffering from heartburn.
- Your feet and ankles may be swollen from water retention (oedema).
- If you suddenly feel swollen or puffy in your hands or face, experience severe headaches, abdominal pain and nausea or vomitting, call your doctor immediately. You may be suffering from pre-eclampsia.
What to do:
- Go shopping and start stocking up on front-fastening nighties and comfortable clothing for breastfeeding.
- Read up on or speak to your doctor for tips on relieving heartburn.
- Drink plenty of fluids to reduce water retention.
Good to know:
- Get plenty of rest now, take frequent naps and stay energised with light walking.