It's time to get your maternity leave sorted.
Your baby's progress:
- A boy’s testes are decending from his abdomen into the scrotum.
- The digestive tract is almost fully developed.
- The eyes can open and shut.
- Your baby can distinguish light from dark and follow a light source.
- Back pain is common because your uterus places pressure on your back and pelvis.
- Breathlessness is also common as your uterus presses against your diaphragm.
What to do:
- If you haven’t negotiated maternity leave yet, make sure you do it now. Speak to your HR rep or a labour law consultant about the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Ask your doctor for tips on easing back pain. He may recommend gentle stretching.
Good to know:
- Start thinking about childcare options for after your maternity leave.