Let's catch up!
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby’s heartbeat may be heard when someone places their ear to your abdomen.
- The lungs and brain continue to grow rapidly.
- The eyelids begin to open.
- The retinas begin to form.
- You will start to notice that your baby has regular patterns of sleep and activity.
- You may be experiencing shortness of breath as your uterus has moved under your ribcage, making it difficult for your lungs to expand.
What to do:
- You may have started to prepare your baby’s room.
- Now is the time to see whether your home is baby-safe.
- From now on, your doctor’s visits should be fortnightly or monthly, depending on risk or complications.
Good to know:
Ensure you sleep well. Speak to your doctor about sleep problems.