It's week 25 for you and your little one.
Your baby's progress:
- If your baby hears a loud noise, he/she may blink.
- The structures of the spine; 33 rings, 150 joints and 1000 ligaments, begin to form.
- The nostrils begin to open.
- The head and body are well-proportioned.
- The blood vessels of the lungs develop.
- You may be suffering from backache because your uterus places pressure on your back and pelvis.
- Your heart is working twice as hard as that of a non-pregnant woman. It circulates six litres of blood per minute.
- Increased blood supply may make you feel hot and sweaty.
What to do:
- If your back is giving you problems, ask your doctor for tips on alleviating the discomfort.
- Be on the lookout for signs of premature labour.