It's week 23 for you and your little one.
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby weighs about 500g.
- The bones of the middle ear begin to harden.
- Your baby's lungs are developing surfactant, a substance that will help the lungs expand after birth.
- The fingernails are completely formed.
- You may see your abdomen move as your baby does acrobatics inside.
- You may have leg cramps if you suffer from a shortage of calcium.
What to do:
- If you have leg cramps, straighten your leg and flex your ankle. Massage your calf muscles.
- If you see nappies selling at a bargain price, start stocking up!