What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby measures 19cm crown to rump and 27cm from head to toe.
- The brain grows rapidly.
- Eyelids and eyebrows have formed.
- Your baby is getting fat on those bones.
- In boys, the testes are starting to descend from the pelvis to the scrotum.
- Your baby can hear sounds.
What is happening to you:
- You may feel emotionally more stable and in control.
- Some women enjoy sex more because of the increase in blood flow to the clitoris and increased vaginal lubrication.
- You’re probably gaining weight more steadily now.
What to do:
- During the second trimester you will feel better than in the other trimesters. Go away with your partner to enjoy a carefree holiday.
- If you are worried about having sex, read up on or speak to your doctor about it.
- Have a foetal anomaly scan done.