Welcome back! You have just 18 weeks left to go...
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby measures about 19cm crown to rump and 27cm from head to toe.
- The brain is growing rapidly.
- Your baby's eyelids and eyebrows have formed.
- Your baby is getting fat on those bones.
- In boys, the testes are starting to descend from the pelvis to the scrotum.
- Your baby can hear sounds.
- You may feel more emotionally stable and in control.
- Some women enjoy sex more because of the increase in blood flow to the clitoris and increased vaginal lubrication.
- You’re probably gaining weight more steadily now.
What to do:
- During the second trimester you will feel better than in the other trimesters. Go away with your partner to enjoy a carefree holiday.
- If you're worried about having sex, read up on or speak to your doctor about your concerns.
- Have a foetal anomaly scan.
Good to know:
- Foods containing artificial sweetners (in small amounts) are usually safe. Some studies suggest that saccharin has detrimental effects on your baby's development. So, use sparingly.