Congratulations! You are halfway through your pregnancy. You’re doing well!
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby’s sleep patterns are similar to those of a newborn.
- If you're having a girl, her uterus has formed.
- Her vagina is developing.
- Your baby's scalp hair begins to grow.
- Your pregnancy may now be quite obvious as your uterus pushes your abdomen out at the belly button – brace yourself for lots of advice!
- Your pubic hair darkens – it will fade again after birth.
- The linea nigra (black line running down the centre of your abdomen) may darken.
- Your belly button may “pop out” as your uterus presses up and outward.
What to do:
- Take care of your stretching skin to prevent or reduce stretch marks. Apply a nourishing cream twice a day. Eat well and exercise regularly to maintain your skin’s elasticity.
Good to know:
- Don't be afraid to call your doctor with any medical concerns. Nothing is too trivial; better safe than sorry.