We hope you're loving your pregnancy so far!
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby measures about 20cm.
- Pads are forming on the fingers and toes.
- Your baby has fingerprints: how cute is that?
- Meconium, your baby’s first bowel movement, accumulates within the bowel.
- Your baby’s limbs are lengthening.
- The body length is catching up to the head size.
- The prostate gland (in boys) develops.
- Your baby may even have hiccups.
- The uterus is just below your bellybutton.
- Your gums become more spongy due to increased pregnancy hormones.
- You may be feeling your baby move (“quickening”).
What to do:
- Ask friends and relatives for secondhand maternity wear. There's no point spending a lot of money on clothes you can only wear for a couple of weeks.
- Visit your dentist for a check-up.
Good to know:
back pain by wearing comfortable shoes, maintaining a good posture, sleeping on
a firm mattress, and spending more time in the bath or pool (water helps the
muscles to relax).