Welcome back, we hope you're doing great this week.
Your baby's progress:
- Your baby now measures about 16cm.
- His or her limb movements become more coordinated.
- The eyes look forward.
- The ears have moved from the neck to the head.
- The legs are longer than the arms.
- The toenails are growing.
- If this is not your first pregnancy, you may start to feel your baby’s movements (fluttering movements called “quickening”).
- You may suffer from nosebleeds which are normal in pregnancy because oestrogen levels swell nasal membranes.
What to do:
- Ask your gynaecologist whether an amniocentesisis may be necessary.
Good to know:
- Avoid travelling to areas where malaria is a risk.