Welcome to your second trimester!
What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby now weighs about 28 grams.
- The length of your baby is about 9cm.
- The vocal cords start forming.
- The pancreas is now formed and functioning and even secreting insulin.
- The intestines are now starting to move from the umbilical cord to the stomach.
- The villi are beginning to form in the intestines.
- Eyes move closer together.
What is happening to you:
- There is now less chance of a miscarriage,so you can begin to enjoy your pregnancy.
- You will feel less fatigued because the major task of organ development is nearly complete.
- Your spirits will lift and you may feel on top of the world.
What to do:
- If you are still feeling tired, make sure that you rest enough.
- Remember to go for your 11-13 week check-up (see Week 11).