The World Health Organisation recommends that solids should be introduced from about six months. Speak to your babycare advisor if your child was born premature.
The following signs may show readiness:
- He/she shows an interest in your food
- Tries to grab food you are holding
- Your baby requires more than seven breastfeeds/milk feeds in 24 hours.
- He changes his regular sleep pattern and wakes more frequently at night for three to four consecutive nights
- He no longer has the thrust reflex with his tongue
- He does not gag when things (toys, spoon etc.) are put into his mouth