Supplementation is essential if you suffer from ADHD.
In an article for the ADHD Support Group of Southern Africa, Pretoria GP and father of an ADHD child, Dr Hein Badenhorst says:
Supplementation in those with ADHD should include:
- Most important: a well balanced multivitamin in the morning.
- B vitamins (including folic acid) taken morning and evening.
- Lecithin E (lecithin combined with vitamin E). Phospholipids improve insulation around brain cells and you can use up to 5g per day.
- Omega 3 – essential fatty acids. High dosages to be divided into morning and night servings.
- Antioxidant supplementation – there are not enough antioxidants in fruit and vegetables alone.
- Calcium, Magnesium and Vit D – divided dosages in the morning and evening.
Note: supplements do not replace healthy eating, however.
Read more about alternatives to ADHD medication.