advertisement
Updated 04 February 2016

Parasites love your pets too

That chipped, cracked ceramic mug you love so much? It could harbour bacteria that can cause diarrhoea and vomiting. Cracks in the glaze can also expose the bare ceramic. And if the ceramic contains lead and other chemicals, these toxins could leach into your drink. Even a crack in a plastic mug can be harmful, because it can emit trace amounts of toxins from the plastic. DO THIS:Throw out chipped and damanged mugs.

advertisement

Live healthier

FYI »

When the flu turns deadly Why the flu makes you feel so miserable

Could a deadly flu strain hit SA this winter?

Following an intense flu season in the US and UK, should we be worried about our own upcoming flu season?

Alcohol and acne »

Dagga vs alcohol: Which is worse? SEE: Why you are drinking more alcohol than you realise

Does alcohol cause acne?

Some foods can be a trigger for acne, but what about alcohol? Dermatologist Dr Nerissa Moodley weighs in.