As part of ‘CANSA Care Week’ during August, the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA)’s Mobile Health Clinics are going the distance in providing cancer education and information to help reduce the cancer risk as well as cancer screening and early detection programmes.
The Mobile Health Clinics travel to mostly remote areas throughout South Africa to reach people who would otherwise not have access to screening, helping to bridge a gap by offering the following:
- Clinical Breast Examinations and how to do self-breast examinations
- How to do testicular self-examinations to reduce the risk of testicular cancer
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) - a finger-prick blood test to help detect prostate abnormalities
- Pap smears - screening test for early diagnosis of cervical cancer
- Lifestyle risk assessments to assess your cancer risk
- Blood pressure and glucose testing
- Height and weight measurement for Body Mass Index to advise on maintaining a healthy weight
- Information on the cancer warning signs for adults and children
Health24 urges you to make use of this great opportunity - there's nothing like taking your health into your own hands.
Also stay on top of the latest news and research in the world of cancer on Health24.