If you're sick, that is. There are some foods that can actually make your symptoms worse.
Foods to avoid:
1. Alcohol: Not only does alcohol have a bad effect on your immune system, it can also lead to dehydration.
2. Dairy: Although it is still controversial whether dairy generally worsens mucous production, most doctors still advise against it when you’re sick.
3. Sugary foods: Sugary foods suppress the immune system.
4. Junk food: When you’re sick, your body needs healthy, nutritious food to keep it going and fight the virus.
5. Coffee: Coffee and other caffeinated drinks can deprive your body of fluids, and when you’ve got a cold you need to stay hydrated.
Read more on why you should avoid these foods.