Posted by: AB | 2007/06/15



My front teeth grew with indentations and calcium deposites, my dentist covered them with what I hav been told as a 'filling substance', but now that is wearing off and chipping so they need to be redone. A new dentist filled the chips with a clear substance which I was not comforatblewith (I could see where the clear met the old substance). That has since chipped off (lasted a few months) He suggested veneers. Is there any other alternatives. I am concerned with mm of my teeth being drilled away and replaced with veneers which may fall off. They are also costly and will use up my entire years medical savings.

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

The filling substance you refer to is the only other viable option and they do tend to discolour over time. Also if there is not enough tooth substance to support it it does tend to fall off or chip away. Veneers are a very good option as they last longer than fillings. Also they are more conservative than crowns, which cover the entire surface of the tooth instead of just the front. The tooth structure that is removed is minimal and not generally damaging to the tooth

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.