Oral Health

Posted by: ZOZO | 2008/10/30



Can you please assist me. I am 33 years old woman and since I was a kid I had a tongue bite teeth and my teeth are nolonger white as they should be. I can hardly pronounce some of the words correctly because my front uper teeth can not join together with the ones at the bottom it is very embarrasing at times.

Is there some kind of an operation which are can do to fix this. If there is which doctors should I contact?

I will really appreciate any help I could get.



Expert's Reply


Oral health expert


you may not need an operation. It sounds as thought you will need orthodontic treatment (braces). this will allign the teeth and should correct the speech defects.
The first step is to see a dentist for a comprehensive examination. he/she will then refer you for the braces if necessary.
good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.