Posted by: Fame | 2008/01/25



Hi,i'm 29 yrs old.About 10 yrs ago,i realised a black spot on my the yrs went by these spots have become much much bigger.I've seen several doctors,but they all say that there isn't any cure for that as it is problem is that 'It is spreading' Please help...What can i do??

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

it may be a good idea to see an oral medicine specialist. ask your dentist to refer you. he may need to liase with your physician as there may be an underlying cause for this. however in majority of cases the black spots are harmless

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Shaman | 2008/07/09

Hi.. I am a male indian and I have noticed that i have some black spots on my tongue. What is this and is it dangerous? What type of doctor should I see? I am a smoker would that play a role? Thank you

Reply to Shaman

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.