Oral Health

Posted by: Cameron | 2008/12/03


please help...

Hello iam 23 years old....i want to ask you something but i dont know where to start....when i was small i had bad experience with dentists....so i stop having regular checkups,my teeth are really bad i mean when i speak or smile they dont look so bad but when you check inside i have to places where they are two teeth in a place of one and i have small break between my fron teeth i dont know what should i do i dont know if i am ready for braces ,cause i am not 14 anymore so i dont think that i will feel comfortable wearing braces all the time is there anyother ways how i can sort this out and what is the cost als o my teeth are very sensitive and i know that i really need to do something about it asap but iam scared of dentist and i know it is very expensive but i just wish i could go to one dentist who is going to make me feel comfortable so i can go there regularly for few or more visit and that he/she is going to sort me out so after few month or evan a year i can have big smile on my face without worry that someone can see my two doble teeth ......

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

the first step is to have a comprehensive check up.
you will need to take xrays- this will show the health of the teeth and give an indication as to the treatment options.
ask your freinds to refer you to a dentist they recommend.
discuss your fears with the dentist and take it one step at a time.
good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.