Posted by: Mommy | 2009/02/20


My precious girl


I have a precious little girl, aged 9. Her teeth are scew and two of the top ones, cannot grow out properly.(It is permanent teeth) The problem is I am a single mother, I do not have a medical aid and cannot afford the procedure. Is there anywhere I can take her in the Jhb/Pta area where they will be able to help us with a payment plan, it' s hurting her feelings when she gets teased at school and doesn' t do much for her self confidence. My heart breaks for her every time she cries about the teasing and I cannot do much for her,as Im battling financialy.

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert


Take your daughter to the Johannesburg Hospital Dental unit or the one at Pretoria Academic hospital.
Both these units will treat her at no cost. The only problem is the waiting list (i think it's around 6 months)
But the sooner you go, the sooner can treatment be started.

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.