Posted by: Toothless (Soon) | 2007/03/16


Loosing teeth

Dear Dr
I hope you will be able to give me some advice. I am 44 years old and my teeth are VERY bad. I have already had 4 extracted as I could not afford root canals. Teeth chip and break off and I am in constant pain. I take the necesasary vits.
My question is : I obviously need to have my teeth replaced with some sort of "false teeth" It will be absolutely impossible for me to get dentures as I cannot even tolerate a toothbrush in my mouth without becomming sick !! (Very bad) I cannot afford to have this done privately as I do not have the money. Where can I go to have my teeth taken care of please? Is there some sort of Governement subsidised dental facility maybe ? Like the hospital? I live in Durban. I really apprecaite your assistance

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

You can visit any of the state dental facilities, contact your local hospital for a dental facility neat to you as they are not available at all hospitals.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.