Oral Health

Posted by: Worried Mom | 2008/10/03


Decay due to H.Pylori at 15 years old

My son has been ill for years, vomiting and nausea, and has a tendancy to retch if his mouth is open wide  recently treated for H. Pylori. Visited the dentist yesterday, he said the acid from the H pylori had affected the teeth, teeth have no enamel or calcium, many are rotten and would need a lot of work including at least 4 extractions  all of which would have to be done under general anesthetic. And the remaining teeth probably wont last long because there is no enamel. My medical aid does not cover dental but I don' t earn little enough to qualify for free govt dental. 1, Who do I go to? 2, Is there a rinse or tablet I should be giving him to rebuild the calcium and enamel. -No exrays .

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

The dental hospital at the university of Johannesburg or Stellenbosch will be able to assist you.
Rinses will not work in this case

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: thussy | 2008/12/07

What food is to be eaten and what not if you suffer from h.pylori
(female 43yrs)

Reply to thussy

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.