Posted by: caz | 2007/05/22


Claiming failed dental procedures

I had a bridge done by a dentist. After a few weeks the bridge was uncomfortable and very sensitive as he filed my bottom teeth to accomodate the bridge which was my two front teeth. Went back and he changed the bridge and did another one. Still no joy worse than the first one -protruding ouot of my mouth worse than bugs bunny, could not even talk without lisping badly let alone chew on my food. After a week the bridge was moving away from my gums. Went to another dentist to scared to go back to the original. He said that he would have to remove it as there was nothing he could do to save it. I ended up with my false teeth back in my mouth minus my two eye teeth these are the ones next to my two big teeth which due to damage by the dentist had to be crowned. Now what i need to know is can i claim my money back from the first dentist and also get him to pay the bills for the second dentist as i think he just messed up my mouth. Please help me as to how i should go about claiming. Cost up to date for both dentist cost me R10 000.00

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

it is advisable for you to contact the dental ombudsman in this regard. Call 011-484-5288 for the ombudsman's number

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.