Oral Health

Posted by: Vampira | 2009/04/07


alternatives for braces

Hi there, was just wondering it you heard of the new braces, it' s called a " 6 months Smile" ? Apparently you only put it on the problem teeth? So in other words you don' t have to wear full braces on all your teeth, you just wear braces on the problem area, only for 6 months. Also, the braces are of a white colour, so it' s not as obvious.

My two canines are sitting way more forward than the rest of my tooth, giving my a ' vamipire'  look which i hate, this solution sounds perfect to me, but im not sure if it' s done in SA yet? The rest of my teeth are perfectly allign, just those two that' s the problem.

I' ve also seen a product called Invisalign, which is like gum shields that you wear, it' s see-through. Also straightens your teeth by wearing it.

I would just like to if any of these options are available in SA yet? I' ve got a job where I deal with people a lot, wearing braces for a year is not really the best option for me. Im 26.

Your help is appreciated.

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

Clear braces are done in SA.I need to find out about the other treatment for you,i dont know if its done here.I will ask one of my Specialist collegues.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Annatjie | 2009/06/01

Good Day,
I would also like to find out, i have one tooth in the front area of my mouth that bothers me all the time it is a little foward then the rest. i want a quick fix for this - and dont want to wear braces as i had braces when i was younger so most of my teeth are aligned only this one. PLEASE I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER AND WOULD LIKE URGENT ASSISTANCE. maybe i thought the only solution is to take this one out and put like one false teeth in. not sure please help me.

Reply to Annatjie
Posted by: Vampira | 2009/04/08

Thanks a lot for your help, i appreciate it and await your answer in anticipation!

Reply to Vampira

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.