Posted by: WORRIED | 2007/02/19



A few months ago I had all my top teeth extracted and was fitted with dentures. As always this is a huge thing to get used to, but it is going fine with the eating already. I do however have a burning sensation underneath the plate 24/7. I have tried all kinds of gel's, but nothing seems to help. I have read on the internet that I could be allergic to the acrylic in the dentures. They don't really give any solutions. What should I use or what is the solution? I am drinking Allergix 2 morning & 2 at night, but even that does not help.

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

Allergy to acrylic is VERY rare. A common condition associated with crylic dentures is candidiasis (thrush) which is the likely cause of your problem
See your dentist to confirm this. Treatment for this condtion is quite simple with the application of an antibaterial mouthwash

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.