Posted by: shorty | 2005/12/05


advice please,

Hi, my back teeth, top and bottom need to be removed, reason.. I only have a few back teeth left. top = front row ok up to eye teeth then a gap and then teeth,and the bottom teeth are very similar. Reason, I could not go to a dentist in the past, and always went to a Govement Dentist. Now I can go to a dentist. Would I be able to go to a dentist and have false teeth made to replace them? Do they make a special plate to fit onto your existing teeth?My medical will not cover implants. What would be the best plan of action? As I suffer from Toothache at present, and these left-over back teeth are in no good condition.
Please be so kind as to advice me. Thank you

Expert's Reply


Oral health expert

Yes you would be able to go to a dentist for "false teeth" (which will fit around your existing teeth).
You would first need to have a comprehensive examination with x-rays and possibly study models of your teeth. Let your dentist discuss all possibilities of treating/removing existing teeth and construction of dentures thereafter.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.