Childhood Diseases

Posted by: amy??/ | 2010/09/21


Weight loss for 12year old

Dear Doctor
My duaghter is 12years old and she is over weight she has asmha and starting to have breating problems. What is the best solution to let her loss weight.

Expert's Reply



I need to know what your daughter's weight is in order to advise you. Also her height is important. It would be best if you wrote to our Dietdoc on Health24. Please give your daughter's height and weight when you write to Dietdoc.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: Purple | 2010/09/22

Take her to a dietician who can put her on a special programme, or take her to weight watchers (but she''ll need a doctors letter) as they teach healthy eating.
Any diet that makes a dieter leave out a food group is not good. Weigh less and weight watchers are both just sensible eating plans, but weight watchers is easier on the rest of the family as it doesn''t require buying special food, just teaches one about portion sizes, how if you eat a giant doughnut then you have to avoid other fatty things that day and so on. Its a lot easier to stick to and works on a points system where you are allowed a max number of points each day.

Reply to Purple

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.