Posted by: Kelly | 2007/12/05


Special needs school

Hi pls advise - my brother(age11)Grade 4, has a learning problem and we need to put him in an appropriate school.He has passed over to the next grade even though he cannot read or do any mathematical problems.We were advised that a psychologist would come to the school and one has come and gone but hasnt found anything wrong.So what can we do now?I dont want him to waste another year.Im in Cape Town - what can i do and where can we take him

Expert's Reply



Your brother needs to be assessed by an educational psychologist who will advise the correct school for him.Phone the UCT Child Guidance Clinic at 021-6503900. If they are unable to assist you ask where your brother can be tested.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

user comments


Posted by: H | 2007/12/05

You can try Jan Kriel School, its in Kuilsriver and is an excellent school for children with learning problems and/or epilepsy. 021 903 1108

Reply to H

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.